SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant - Starting September 2021
Hours: 30 hours x 38 weeks per annum
Actual Salary Range: (Scale 4)
George Spicer Primary School is a large, successful primary school based in Enfield, North London. We like to be independent in our thinking and, using the opportunities provided by being a larger school, are flexible and innovative.
We are a ‘Good’ school, judged by Ofsted in February 2017, and have achieved UNICEF’s Gold Rights Respecting Schools Award. Our mission statement ‘Growing to Succeed’ encourages all of our pupils to make a positive contribution to both the local and global communities.
We have a team of over 140 staff and are looking to appoint a professional and skilled SEN Teaching Assistant to support a KS1 child with SEN needs. The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment and enthusiasm for working with children with SEND,
- A good understanding of inclusive practice to enable children with SEN to access learning and make good progress in relation to their starting point
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to adapt learning to the specific needs of the child
- Proven skill and ability in working with children with special needs
For further information and an application pack please click
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged.
Closing date: 9am Monday 21st June 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 21st June 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references are required for this