What your child needs for school
Uniform items with our school logo can be purchased from My Clothing - www.myclothing.com and Smith School wear in Enfield www.smithsschoolwear.co.uk. However it is not compulsory to buy uniform with the school logo on it and we are happy for these items to be bought at any retailer.
As a school FoGS often hold second hand uniform sales at regular intervals during the school year.
- White polo shirt (all year round - compulsory)
- Navy blue sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan (all year round - compulsory)
- Charcoal grey or navy blue (compulsory)
- Grey or navy shorts (Summer term - optional)
- Grey or navy blue skirt or pinafore dress (compulsory)
- Blue and white check dress (Summer - optional)
Black shoes preferably with an appropriate fastening for your child (compulsory)
No trainers, boots or sandals are allowed.
- Child’s House colour t-shirt, either red, green, blue or yellow, allocated on start at school, siblings will be in the same house colour. No patterns or logos on the t-shirts please. School sweatshirts may also be worn for outside PE lessons on colder days (optional)
- Navy blue shorts (all year round - compulsory)
- Navy or black jogging bottoms (Autumn - optional)
- Black trainers (outdoors - compulsory)
- Please note we do not use plimsolls at George Spicer as children doing dance and gymnastics will be barefooted in the hall and therefore trainers and socks will be removed before doing PE.
Book Bags or PE bags
Bags are available to purchase from the school office.
Please do remember to label your children's items especially jumpers and cardigans as they do get lost. Below is a link to where uniform labels can be purchased from:
Uniform name labels can be purchase from - http://www.stikins.co.uk/fundraising/schools-linking-information/
- Jewellery is not allowed at school for safety reasons, this includes watches and earrings.
- If a child is wearing small studs that cannot be removed, they must be taped up by parents/carers before coming into school on their PE day
- Long hair should be tied back for PE days
- Hair bows and clips should be in the school colours and small in size.
- No nail varnish please.
- Mark all clothing and shoes with your child’s name.