Vision and Values
Inspire, Empower and Improve.
At George Spicer we provide the resources, opportunities and environment that enables everyone to thrive.
We will inspire:
- a life-long love of learning and curious minds.
- creative and critical thinkers
- our community to become global citizens through our values and curriculum
We will empower our entire community to:
- unlock their potential.
- use their voice and grow their self-belief.
- love their unique identity.
We will strive to improve:
- every individual’s knowledge, skills and abilities through repeated practise.
- by learning from mistakes and through purposeful feedback
- our community’s well-being by fostering a sense of belonging and making them feel safe.
George Spicer is an inclusive primary school where learning is a journey for life.
We are a four form entry school and currently have 840 children on the roll, aged between 4 and 11.
Our values of Determination, Resilience, Equality, Respect, Responsibility and Kindness are designed to develop our children's character as well as our curriculum develops their minds.
The key principles of empathy, understanding, tolerance and honesty are the foundation of all positive relationships. We have the determination not only to value all members of our community, but to celebrate their diversity and achievements.
We are a Rights Respecting School. As a school we believe it is essential to develop our community into well-rounded, globally aware citizens; prepared and ready to make a positive impact in society and the world around them.
Our aim is for our children to be 'Learning well today to live a better tomorrow'